There was an excellent response to the ICAIS 2022 Diversity Bursary Program and the available funds have been allocated to the successful applicants. Please contact the Conference Administrator if you have any questions.
The organizers of ICAIS 2022 are pleased to announce the ICAIS 2022 Diversity Bursary Program to help increase the diversity of attendees from countries where financial burden is an obstacle to participation in-person or virtually.
Eligible applicants must be either:
- Citizens of countries that are classified by the World Bank as Upper Middle Income, Lower Middle Income, or Low Income, where resources to support attendance at international conferences is inadequate or non-existent.
- Citizens from higher income countries who self-identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, persons of colour) who demonstrate a financial need.
Expectations of Bursary Recipients
- All expenses pertaining to travel, travel visas, accommodation, meals, etc. are to be arranged and covered by the applicant.
- Recipients of bursaries are expected to fully participate in ICAIS 2022, either in-person or virtually.
- Beyond verification of the applicant’s attendance, and active participation throughout the conference, no accounting need be provided regarding the expenditure of the bursary funds provided.
- Applications will be reviewed and bursaries awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they are studying or working in the field of aquatic invasive species.
- Bursaries will not be provided to cover all costs, but are intended to supplement funding from the organization the applicant represents, or from other sources.
- The number of bursaries, and the amounts granted, are dependent upon available funds and the number of applications received.
- Applications can be submitted starting January 25, 2022.
- Review of applications will be on a rolling basis, and decisions and notification to applicants will commence on January 31, 2022.
- Payment of bursaries will be made on the final day of the conference.
- Letters of reference are not permitted. Applications, and the statements made within, must stand on their own merits.
Application Assessment Criteria
- Demonstrated financial need – 40%.
- Explanation of how participating in ICAIS 2022 will benefit the applicant – 40%.
- Oral or poster presenter at ICAIS 2022 – 20%,